Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in North America in January 2022, led by $215m venture financing of Enable Injections, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26% over the previous month of $1.58bn and a drop of 21% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.48bn.
North America held a 50.21% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.33bn in January 2022. With a 50.21% share and deals worth $1.17bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 57 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 32.14% over the previous month and a drop of 24.00% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 54 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 61.6% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $722m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center,CincyTech,Cintrifuse Syndicate Fund,GCM Grosvenor,Magnetar Capital,Ohio Innovation Fund,Squarepoint Capital and Woody Creek Capital Partners $215m venture financing deal with Enable Injections
2) The $150m venture financing of Iterative Scopes by Breyer Capital,Clearlake Capital Group,Eli Lilly and Co,Insight Partners,JJDC and Obvious Ventures
3) Coatue,CRV,Lightspeed Venture Partners – US,Salesforce Ventures,Silverton Partners,Tiger Global Management and Tusk Venture Partners $150m venture financing deal with Wheel Health
4) The $132m venture financing of Athelas by General Catalyst Partners,Greenoaks Capital Management,Human Capital Investment Management,Initialized Capital,Sequoia Capital Operations,Tribe Capital and Y Combinator
5) ArrowMark Partners,Gilde Healthcare Partners,Kaiser Permanente Ventures,Morningside Ventures,Octopus Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $75m venture financing deal with Big Health
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.