Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in North America in July 2022, led by $225m venture financing of Delfi Diagnostics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 44.3% over the previous month of $797.23m and a drop of 16.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.37bn.
North America held a 70.12% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.64bn in July 2022. With a 67.68% share and deals worth $1.11bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 57 deals during July 2022, marking a decrease of 9.52% over the previous month and a drop of 28.75% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 50 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 60% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $688m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AV8 Ventures, Brown Advisory, Cowen Healthcare Investments, DFJ Growth Management, Eli Lilly and Co, Foresite Capital Management, Illumina Ventures, Initiate Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Open Field Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Osage University Partners, Point Field Partners,Point72 Ventures, PTX Capital, Rock Springs Capital Management, Samsara BioCapital, T Rowe Price Associates and Windham Venture Partners $225m venture financing deal with Delfi Diagnostics
2) The $223m venture financing of Cleerly by Breyer Capital, Cigna Ventures, DigiTx Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Heartland Healthcare Capital, LRVHealth, Mirae Asset Capital, New Leaf Ventures, Novartis, Peter Thiel, Piper Sandler Merchant Banking, Sands Capital Management, T Rowe Price Associates, T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital
3) Medtronic, Perceptive Advisors, RTW Investments, SternAegis Ventures and Terumo $110m venture financing deal with Orchestra BioMed
4) The $75m venture financing of Medical Microinstruments by Andera Partners, BioStar Capital, Deerfield Management Co, Fountain Healthcare Partners, Panakes Partners, RA Capital Management and Samba Tech
5) ARTIS Ventures, Axial VC, DeciBio Consulting, KKRInc, Lansdowne Partners, OMX Ventures and SALT Fund $55m venture financing deal with Replay Therapeutics