Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in North America in November 2021, led by $180m venture financing of Owkin, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 37.3% over the previous month of $1.93bn and a drop of 11.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.37bn.
North America held a 56.02% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.16bn in November 2021. With a 56.02% share and deals worth $1.21bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 53 deals during November 2021, marking a flat growth over the previous month and a drop of 23.19% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 52 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $640m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sanofi $180m venture financing deal with Owkin
2) The $130m venture financing of Luma Health by FTV Capital
3) Atlas Venture,Casdin Capital,Cormorant Asset Management,Janus Henderson Investors,Newpath Management,Omega Fund Management,Sofinnova Partners,T Rowe Price Associates and Wellington ManagementLLP $125m venture financing deal with Chroma Medicine
4) The $105m venture financing of Geneoscopy by BioGenerator,Cultivation Capital,Innovatus Capital Partners,Laboratoryof America Holdings,Lightchain,Morningside Ventures and NT Investments
5) Emerson Collective,General Catalyst Partners,Kindred Ventures,T Rowe Price Associates and Viking Global Investors $100m venture financing deal with Color Health