Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in the US in November 2021, led by $180m venture financing of Owkin, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 36.7% over the previous month of $1.91bn and a drop of 11.03% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.36bn.
The US held a 56.02% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.16bn in November 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 52 deals during November 2021, marking an increase of 1.96% over the previous month and a drop of 22.39% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $640m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sanofi $180m venture financing deal with Owkin
2) The $130m venture financing of Luma Health by FTV Capital
3) Atlas Venture,Casdin Capital,Cormorant Asset Management,Janus Henderson Investors,Newpath Management,Omega Fund Management,Sofinnova Partners,T Rowe Price Associates and Wellington ManagementLLP $125m venture financing deal with Chroma Medicine
4) The $105m venture financing of Geneoscopy by BioGenerator,Cultivation Capital,Innovatus Capital Partners,Laboratoryof America Holdings,Lightchain,Morningside Ventures and NT Investments
5) Emerson Collective,General Catalyst Partners,Kindred Ventures,T Rowe Price Associates and Viking Global Investors $100m venture financing deal with Color Health