Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.3bn were announced in North America in July 2021, led by $260m venture financing of Imperative Care, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25.9% over the previous month of $1.74bn and a rise of 12.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.15bn.
North America held a 52.23% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.47bn in July 2021. With a 52.23% share and deals worth $1.29bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 37 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 44.78% over the previous month and a drop of 43.08% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 37 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 57.4% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $740m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Imperative Care $260m venture financing deal with Ally Bridge Group,AMED Ventures GP,Ascension Health Ventures,Bain Capital Life Sciences,D1 Capital Partners,Delos Capital,HealthCor Management,Innovatus Capital Partners and Rock Springs Capital Management
2) The $220m venture financing of eXo Imaging by Avidity Partners,BlackRock,Pura Vida Investments,RA Capital Management and Sands Capital Management
3) TMRW Life Sciences $105m venture financing deal with 5AM Venture Management,Anne Wojcicki,Casdin Capital,GV Management Co,Life Science Innovations Fund,Peter Thiel,Signature Bank,Susan Wojcicki and Transformation Capital
4) The $65m venture financing of NeuSpera Medical by Action Potential Venture Capital,Treo Ventures,Vertex Ventures HC and Windham Venture Partners
5) Woebot Health $90m venture financing deal with AI Fund,Alumni Ventures Group,BlackRock Private Equity Partners,Gaingels,Jazz Venture Partners,Kicker Ventures,Mirae Asset Capital,New Enterprise Associates,Owl Ventures and Temasek Holdings (Private)