Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.3bn were announced in the US in July 2021, led by $260m venture financing of Imperative Care, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25.9% over the previous month of $1.74bn and a rise of 13.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.14bn.
The US held a 52.23% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.47bn in July 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 37 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 43.94% over the previous month and a drop of 41.27% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 57.4% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $740m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Imperative Care $260m venture financing deal with Ally Bridge Group,AMED Ventures GP,Ascension Health Ventures,Bain Capital Life Sciences,D1 Capital Partners,Delos Capital,HealthCor Management,Innovatus Capital Partners and Rock Springs Capital Management
2) The $220m venture financing of eXo Imaging by Avidity Partners,BlackRock,Pura Vida Investments,RA Capital Management and Sands Capital Management
3) TMRW Life Sciences $105m venture financing deal with 5AM Venture Management,Anne Wojcicki,Casdin Capital,GV Management Co,Life Science Innovations Fund,Peter Thiel,Signature Bank,Susan Wojcicki and Transformation Capital
4) The $65m venture financing of NeuSpera Medical by Action Potential Venture Capital,Treo Ventures,Vertex Ventures HC and Windham Venture Partners
5) Woebot Health $90m venture financing deal with AI Fund,Alumni Ventures Group,BlackRock Private Equity Partners,Gaingels,Jazz Venture Partners,Kicker Ventures,Mirae Asset Capital,New Enterprise Associates,Owl Ventures and Temasek Holdings (Private)