Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.4bn were announced in North America in April 2021, led by $150m venture financing of Inscripta, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 9.2% over the previous month of $1.31bn and a rise of 58% when compared with the last 12-month average of $905.23m.
North America held a 65.90% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.17bn in April 2021. With a 65.44% share and deals worth $1.42bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 60 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 13.04% over the previous month and a rise of 1.69% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 56 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.3% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $633m, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Counterpoint Global,D1 Capital Partners,Durable Capital Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,Foresite Capital Management,JS Capital and T Rowe Price Associates $150m venture financing deal with Inscripta
2) The $150m venture financing of EDDA Technology by 3W Partners,Orbimed Advisors and SoftBank Vision Fund II
3) Tiger Global Management $133m venture financing deal with Virta Health
4) The $100m venture financing of Caresyntax by Arno Capital,Intel Capital,IPF Management,Lauxera Capital Partners,Optum Ventures,PFM Health Sciences,Relyens,Rezayat Investments,Surgical.ai and Vesalius Biocapital III Partners
5) aMoon Partners,Anthem,Blue Ox Healthcare Partners SP,Parian Global Management and Vivo Capital $100m venture financing deal with Sera Prognostics