Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.55bn were announced in the US in March 2022, led by $200m venture financing of DNAnexus, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a flat growth over the previous month of $1.55bn and a flat growth when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.55bn.
The US held a 72.77% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.13bn in March 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 85 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 8.97% over the previous month and a rise of 11.84% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 37.9% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $585m, against the overall value of $1.55bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Growth,Foresite Capital Management,GV Management Co,Innovatus Capital Partners,Northpond Ventures and Perceptive Advisors $200m venture financing deal with DNAnexus
2) The $125m venture financing of BillionToOne by Adams Street Partners,Baillie Gifford,Civilization Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,Hummingbird Ventures,Libertus Capital,NeoTribe Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific 8 Ventures and Time BioVentures
3) Artiman Ventures,Blue Water Life Science Advisors,Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan,John Doerr,ND Capital,Nissim Capital,Ping An Voyager Partners and Pitango Venture Capital $100m venture financing deal with Visby Medical
4) The $80m venture financing of Sherlock Biosciences by Catalio Capital Management,First Albany Capital,Good Ventures,Illumina Ventures,Northpond Ventures and Novalis LifeSciences
5) Ally Bridge Group,Ascension Health Ventures,Catalio Capital Management,Hillenbrand Capital,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,KCK Group,Pfizer Venture Investments,PSP INVESTMENTS,Sixty Degree Capital,T Rowe Price Associates,The Rise Fund and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners $80m venture financing deal with RefleXion Medical