Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.5bn were announced in the US in February 2022, led by $325m venture financing of Somatus, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 17.8% over the previous month of $1.29bn and a rise of 2.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.48bn.
The US held a 64.68% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.35bn in February 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 73 deals during February 2022, marking an increase of 4.29% over the previous month and a flat growth over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 48.8% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $740m, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $192m venture financing of Omada Health by aMoon Funds,Civilization Ventures,Fidelity Management & Research,Perceptive Advisors and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine
4) The $57m venture financing of Beta Bionics by ArrowMark Partners,Eventide Asset Management,Farallon Capital Management,LifeSci Venture Partners,Novo Nordisk,Perceptive Advisors,Pura Vida Investments,RTW Investments and Soleus Capital Management
5) 12 West Capital Management and Fulgent Genetics $56m venture financing deal with Spatial Genomics
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.