The $225m venture financing of Delfi Diagnostics was the Medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.6bn were announced globally in July 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a flat growth over the previous month of $1.64bn and a drop of 26.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.22bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.15bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.11bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2022 was the US with 50 deals, followed by the China with 31 and Canada with seven.
In 2022, as of July, Medical devices venture financing deals worth $13.39bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 22.02% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five Medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.9% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Medical devices venture financing deals stood at $738m, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AV8 Ventures, Brown Advisory, Cowen Healthcare Investments, DFJ Growth Management, Eli Lilly and Co, Foresite Capital Management, Illumina Ventures, Initiate Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Open Field Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Osage University Partners, Point Field Partners,Point72 Ventures, PTX Capital, Rock Springs Capital Management, Samsara BioCapital, T Rowe Price Associates and Windham Venture Partners $225m venture financing deal with Delfi Diagnostics
2) The $223m venture financing of Cleerly by Breyer Capital, Cigna Ventures, DigiTx Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Heartland Healthcare Capital, LRVHealth, Mirae Asset Capital, New Leaf Ventures, Novartis, Peter Thiel, Piper Sandler Merchant Banking, Sands Capital Management, T Rowe Price Associates, T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital
3) Medtronic, Perceptive Advisors, RTW Investments, SternAegis Ventures and Terumo $110m venture financing deal with Orchestra BioMed
4) The $100m venture financing of Kerecis ehf by Emerson Collective (Emmerson Collective) and KIRKBI Invest
5) Orbimed Advisors $80m venture financing deal with LifeWell
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.