The $110m venture financing of Aidoc Medical was the Medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.6bn were announced globally in June 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 34.8% over the previous month of $1.18bn and a drop of 32.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.35bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $771.1m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $767.6m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2022 was the US with 57 deals, followed by the China with 31 and the UK with four.
In 2022, as of June, Medical devices venture financing deals worth $11.65bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 18.6% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five Medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 25.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five Medical devices venture financing deals stood at $410m, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha Intelligence Capital,CDIB Capital and TCMI $110m venture financing deal with Aidoc Medical
2) The $100m venture financing of Axbio by AstraZeneca Zhongjin Medical Industry Fund,Cambridge Capital Group,SDIC China Merchants Investment Management,Wuyuan Capital and Yunfeng Fund L.P
3) Advent Life Sciences,British Patient Capital,Eight Roads Ventures,Emerson Collective,F Prime Capital,Global ventures,Maverick Ventures Israel,Minderoo Foundation,Mubadala Investment,Questa Capital Management and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $80m venture financing deal with Proximie
4) The $60m venture financing of InSilico Medicine by B Capital Group,Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund,Bold Capital Partners,Pavilion Capital,Qiming Venture Partners and Warburg Pincus
5) Ally Bridge Group,KCK Group,Orbimed Advisors and Questa Capital Management $60m venture financing deal with Aerin Medical
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.