Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.6bn were announced in the US in June 2021, led by $276m venture financing of Element Biosciences, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15.5% over the previous month of $1.93bn and a rise of 58.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.03bn.
The US held a 51.26% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.18bn in June 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 57 deals during June 2021, marking a decrease of 9.52% over the previous month and a drop of 5.00% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.5% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $841m, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Counterpoint Global, Janus Henderson Investors, Logos Global Management, Meritech Capital Partners and T Rowe Price Associates’ $276m venture financing of Element Biosciences
2) The $255m venture financing of InSilico Medicine by B Capital Group Management, Baidu Ventures, Bold Capital Partners, CITIC Industrial Investment Fund Management, Deerfield ManagementLP, Eight Roads Ventures, Formic Ventures, Lake Bleu Capital, Lilly Asia ventures, Maison Capital Group, Mirae Asset Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Pavilion Capital Partners, President International Development, Qiming Venture Partners, Sage Partners, Sequoia Capital China, Sinovation Ventures and Warburg Pincus
3) Baillie Gifford, Fidelity Management & Research and Koch Disruptive Technologies’ $150m venture financing of Shine Medical Technologies
4) The $100m venture financing of Fractyl Laboratories by M28 Capital Management, Maverick Capital and Population Health Partners
5) Decheng Capital, Deerfield ManagementLP, F-Prime, Orbimed Advisors and RA Capital Management’s venture financing of Adela for $60m.