The $220m venture financing of Reify Health was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 32% over the previous month of $2.72bn and a drop of 5.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.96bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.24bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.24bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with 59 deals, followed by the China with 15 and the UK with seven.
In 2021, as of August, medical devices venture financing deals worth $18.05bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 56.9% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 36.8% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $682.02m, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adams Street Partners,Battery Ventures,Coatue Management,ICONIQ Growth and Sierra Ventures $220m venture financing deal with Reify Health
2) The $201m venture financing of InterVenn BioSciences by Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures
3) Boyu Capital Consultancy,GL Ventures,Goldman Sachs Group,Insight Capital,Koninklijke Philips and Linden Asset Management $100m venture financing deal with Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai)
4) The $99.15m venture financing of Berry Oncology by China Merchants Capital Management,E Fund Management,Fujian Venture Investment Management,Legend Capital,Qiming Venture Partners,Xiamen C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment and Zhongjin Qichen Industry Equity Investment Fund
5) F-Prime,GL Ventures,Hudson Bay Capital Management,Lilly Asia ventures and Matrix Partners China $61.87m venture financing deal with Scivita Medical Technology