Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.9bn were announced in the US in October 2021, led by $600m venture financing of Hinge Health, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 75% over the previous month of $1.08bn and a rise of 51.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.25bn.
The US held a 71.05% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.66bn in October 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 44 deals during October 2021, marking a decrease of 27.87% over the previous month and a drop of 32.31% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 71.8% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $1.36bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital,Coatue Management,Tiger Global and Whale Rock Capital Management $600m venture financing deal with Hinge Health
2) The $304m venture financing of Medable by Blackstone,GSR Ventures,Sapphire Ventures,Tiger Global Management and Western Technology Investment
3) 8VC,Alexandria Venture Investments,Icon Ventures,Koch Disruptive Technologies and Talos VC $215m venture financing deal with Immunai
4) The $140m venture financing of Twin Health by Corner Ventures,ICONIQ Growth,LTS Investments,Perceptive Advisors,Sequoia Capital India and Sofina
5) Castle Peak Holdings PublicLimited,Deerfield ManagementLP,Franklin Templeton Investments,Investment Property Databank,King River Capital,Olive Tree Capital,PFM Health Sciences and Weili Dai $100m venture financing deal with Lark Technologies