Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $173.7m were announced in China in July 2022, led by $29.8m venture financing of Beijing Yading Information Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 53.8% over the previous month of $375.63m and a drop of 56.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $402.74m.
China held a 10.59% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.64bn in July 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, China recorded 31 deals during July 2022, marking a flat growth over the previous month and a rise of 6.90% over the 12-month average.
China medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.4% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $89.31m, against the overall value of $173.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Eastern Bell Capital, Haier Capital, Sinovation Ventures and Xingtuo Capital $29.8m venture financing deal with Beijing Yading Information Technology
2) The $14.93m venture financing of Nanjing Puguang Biotechnology by Huatai Zijin Investment, Jointown Pharmaceutical Group, Nanjing New Industry Investment Group and Wenzhou Investment
3) Puhua Capital and Qishen Venture Capital $14.93m venture financing deal with Shanghai Keku Medical Technology
4) The $14.82m venture financing of Beijing Zhizhen Biotechnology by Dachen Caizhi, Daoyuan Capital Management (Beijing), Guangzhou Anbiping Pharmaceutical Technology, Huihe Capital, Kaipu Biotechnology and Qiming Venture Partners
5) Ningbo Hangzhou Bay New Area Emerging Industry Venture Capital and Ningbo Jierui $14.82m venture financing deal with Ningbo Huakerun Biological Technology