Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1bn were announced in North America in September 2021, led by $150m venture financing of Mammoth Biosciences, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.1% over the previous month of $1.28bn and a drop of 16.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.21bn.
North America held a 73.19% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.38bn in September 2021. With a 72.46% share and deals worth $1bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 59 deals during September 2021, marking a decrease of 13.24% over the previous month and a drop of 10.61% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 57 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.6% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $439m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Decheng Capital,Foresite Capital Management,Greenspring Associates,Mayfield Fund,NFX partners,Plum Alley Investments,Redmile Group,Senator Investment Group and Sixth Street Partners $150m venture financing deal with Mammoth Biosciences
2) The $102m venture financing of INBRACE by BlackRock,Endeavour Vision,Farallon Capital Management,Marshall Wace,MVM Partners,Novo Ventures (US),RTW Investments,Soleus Capital Management,venBio and Vivo Capital
3) Northpond Ventures and Perceptive Advisors $82m venture financing deal with Emulate
4) The $55m venture financing of Francis Medical by Arboretum Ventures,Coloplast,H2Oey Ventures,Solas Bioventures and Tonkawa
5) ARCH Venture Partners,D1 Capital Partners,PFM Health Sciences and Sands Capital Ventures $50m venture financing deal with Cytrellis Biosystems