The $200m venture financing of DNAnexus was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.1bn were announced globally in March 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 14.1% over the previous month of $2.48bn and a drop of 16.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.54bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.57bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.55bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 85 deals, followed by the China with 21 and Spain with five.
In 2022, as of March, medical devices venture financing deals worth $6.92bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 30.5% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 27.4% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $585m, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Growth,Foresite Capital Management,GV Management Co,Innovatus Capital Partners,Northpond Ventures and Perceptive Advisors $200m venture financing deal with DNAnexus
2) The $125m venture financing of BillionToOne by Adams Street Partners,Baillie Gifford,Civilization Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,Hummingbird Ventures,Libertus Capital,NeoTribe Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific 8 Ventures and Time BioVentures
3) Artiman Ventures,Blue Water Life Science Advisors,Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan,John Doerr,ND Capital,Nissim Capital,Ping An Voyager Partners and Pitango Venture Capital $100m venture financing deal with Visby Medical
4) The $80m venture financing of Sherlock Biosciences by Catalio Capital Management,First Albany Capital,Good Ventures,Illumina Ventures,Northpond Ventures and Novalis LifeSciences
5) Ally Bridge Group,Ascension Health Ventures,Catalio Capital Management,Hillenbrand Capital,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,KCK Group,Pfizer Venture Investments,PSP INVESTMENTS,Sixty Degree Capital,T Rowe Price Associates,The Rise Fund and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners $80m venture financing deal with RefleXion Medical
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.