The $150m venture financing of Inscripta was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.2bn were announced globally in April 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 18.6% over the previous month of $1.83bn and a rise of 41.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.53bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.43bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.42bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2021 was the US with 56 deals, followed by the China with 20 and Canada with four.
In 2021, as of April, medical devices venture financing deals worth $6.79bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 29.1% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 29.8% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $648m, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Counterpoint Global,D1 Capital Partners,Durable Capital Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,Foresite Capital Management,JS Capital and T Rowe Price Associates $150m venture financing deal with Inscripta
2) The $150m venture financing of EDDA Technology by 3W Partners,Orbimed Advisors and SoftBank Vision Fund II
3) Tiger Global Management $133m venture financing deal with Virta Health
4) The $115m venture financing of CeQur by Credit Suisse Entrepreneur Capital,Endeavour Vision,Federated Hermes Kaufmann Fund,GMS Capital,Kingdon Capital Management,SchroderBank AG,Tandem Diabetes Care,VI Partners and Ypsomed
5) Arno Capital,Intel Capital,IPF Management,Lauxera Capital Partners,Optum Ventures,PFM Health Sciences,Relyens,Rezayat Investments,Surgical.ai and Vesalius Biocapital III Partners $100m venture financing deal with Caresyntax
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.