The $200m venture financing of Shenzhen Jingfeng Medical Technology was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.2bn were announced globally in November 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 19.7% over the previous month of $2.69bn and a drop of 1.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.19bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.21bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.21bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2021 was the US with 52 deals, followed by the China with 18 and Israel with eight.
In 2021, as of November, medical devices venture financing deals worth $25.08bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 65.7% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 34.3% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $740m, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blue Bay capital,Boyu Capital Consultancy,Greater Bay Area Fund,Guoqi Investment,Jiangsu Jiequan ABC State-owned Enterprise Mixed Ownership Reform Fund,LYFE Capital,Mirae Asset Venture Investment,Morning One Investment,Octagon Capital Group,Orbimed Advisors,Sage Partners,Sanzheng Health Investment,Sequoia Capital China and Temasek Holdings (Private) $200m venture financing deal with Shenzhen Jingfeng Medical Technology
2) The $180m venture financing of Owkin by Sanofi
3) FTV Capital $130m venture financing deal with Luma Health
4) The $125m venture financing of Chroma Medicine by Atlas Venture,Casdin Capital,Cormorant Asset Management,Janus Henderson Investors,Newpath Management,Omega Fund Management,Sofinnova Partners,T Rowe Price Associates and Wellington ManagementLLP
5) BioGenerator,Cultivation Capital,Innovatus Capital Partners,Laboratoryof America Holdings,Lightchain,Morningside Ventures and NT Investments $105m venture financing deal with Geneoscopy
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.