The $215m venture financing of Enable Injections was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.3bn were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 9% over the previous month of $2.56bn and a drop of 2.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.38bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.17bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.17bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with 54 deals, followed by the China with 32 and France with six.
In 2022, as of January, medical devices venture financing deals worth $2.33bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 22.6% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 32.04% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $747m, against the overall value of $2.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center,CincyTech,Cintrifuse Syndicate Fund,GCM Grosvenor,Magnetar Capital,Ohio Innovation Fund,Squarepoint Capital and Woody Creek Capital Partners $215m venture financing deal with Enable Injections
2) The $150m venture financing of Iterative Scopes by Breyer Capital,Clearlake Capital Group,Eli Lilly and Co,Insight Partners,JJDC and Obvious Ventures
3) Coatue,CRV,Lightspeed Venture Partners – US,Salesforce Ventures,Silverton Partners,Tiger Global Management and Tusk Venture Partners $150m venture financing deal with Wheel Health
4) The $132m venture financing of Athelas by General Catalyst Partners,Greenoaks Capital Management,Human Capital Investment Management,Initialized Capital,Sequoia Capital Operations,Tribe Capital and Y Combinator
5) Eli Lilly Asia Fund (LAV),Morningside Ventures,PerkinElmer Ventures,Sequoia China Fund and Yuanhe Holdings $100m venture financing deal with Yikun Bio
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.