The $325m venture financing of Somatus was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.4bn were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 2.2% over the previous month of $2.3bn and a drop of 4.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.45bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.55bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.52bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 73 deals, followed by the China with 18 and the UK with ten.
In 2022, as of February, medical devices venture financing deals worth $4.65bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 40.3% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 34.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $815m, against the overall value of $2.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $192m venture financing of Omada Health by aMoon Funds,Civilization Ventures,Fidelity Management & Research,Perceptive Advisors and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine
4) The $105m venture financing of MindMaze by AlbaCore Capital,Concord Health Partners and Hambro Perks
5) A ventures,K-Run Ventures and Withwin Investment Association 50 $83m venture financing deal with iMedicin