The $260m venture financing of Imperative Care was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.5bn were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 22.8% over the previous month of $3.2bn and a rise of 32.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.87bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.29bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.29bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the US with 37 deals, followed by the China with 35 and Republic of Korea (South Korea) with six.
In 2021, as of July, medical devices venture financing deals worth $15.73bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 58.6% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 35.9% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $885.1m, against the overall value of $2.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Imperative Care $260m venture financing deal with Ally Bridge Group,AMED Ventures GP,Ascension Health Ventures,Bain Capital Life Sciences,D1 Capital Partners,Delos Capital,HealthCor Management,Innovatus Capital Partners and Rock Springs Capital Management
2) The $220m venture financing of eXo Imaging by Avidity Partners,BlackRock,Pura Vida Investments,RA Capital Management and Sands Capital Management
3) MicroPort Cardiac Rhythm Management $150m venture financing deal with China International Capital,Country Garden Venture Capital,E Fund Management,Hillhouse Capital Group,L Squared Capital Partners,MicroPort Scientific,Wanhui Capital and Yong Rong (HK) Asset Management
4) The $116m venture financing of Geneplus Beijing by Baidu Ventures,CCB International Holdings,GGV Capital and Jinmao Capital Investment
5) Beijing Infervision Technology $139.1m venture financing deal with CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.