Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $213.8m were announced in China in May 2022, led by $61.2m venture financing of Shanghai Yuanneng Biological Cryogenic Equipment , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 104% over the previous month of $104.81m and a drop of 49.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $422.42m.
China held an 18.92% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.13bn in May 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, China recorded 22 deals during May 2022, marking a decrease of 4.35% over the previous month and a drop of 18.52% over the 12-month average.
China medical devices industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 68.7% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $146.89m, against the overall value of $213.8m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Deluxe Family,Employee Stock Ownership Platform,Kaineng Health Technology Group and Shanghai Gaosen Asset Management $61.2m venture financing deal with Shanghai Yuanneng Biological Cryogenic Equipment
2) The $33.22m venture financing of Hangzhou Gloria Precision Medical Testing Technology by CICC Jiatai (Tianjin) Equity Investment Fund,CICC Pucheng Investment,Qishen Venture Capital,Rehabilitation Capital New Drug Innovation Fund and West Lake Science and Technology Venture Capital
3) LYFE Capital $22.5m venture financing deal with Hangzhou Boyue Biotechnology
4) The $14.99m venture financing of Spectrum Medical Technology (Shanghai) by BC Capital Management Group,Legend Capital,Wilder Capital and Yangyun Capital
5) Chuanggu Capital $14.99m venture financing deal with Suzhou Yinluo Medical Devices