Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $319.3m were announced in China in March 2022, led by $80m venture financing of Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 14.9% over the previous month of $277.79m and a drop of 28% when compared with the last 12-month average of $443.23m.
China held a 14.99% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.13bn in March 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, China recorded 21 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 10.53% over the previous month and a drop of 22.22% over the 12-month average.
China medical devices industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 64.6% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $206.09m, against the overall value of $319.3m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Taikang Investment Management,China Resources Consumer Fund II,Jiaxing Science City and Zhangjiagang Industrial Investment $80m venture financing deal with Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology
2) The $60m venture financing of Shanghai Lito Medical Technology by JinYi Capital
3) Hengxu Capital,Lingang Science and Technology Ventures,Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Fund,Shanghai Zhangjiang Haoheng Innovation Equity Investment Management and Shenzhen Venture Capital Investment $31.37m venture financing deal with Shanghai Likai Technology
4) The $18.89m venture financing of Shenzhen Aibo Medical Robot by CDH VGC,Changan Private Capital,Long Hill Capital and Yahui Investment
5) Huiyuan Capital $15.83m venture financing deal with Zhenzhun Biotech