Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $351.2m were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by $100m venture financing of Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 48.02% over the previous month of $675.73m and a drop of 23.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $456.48m.
Asia-Pacific held an 18.99% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.85bn in August 2021. With a 17.08% share and deals worth $316m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 24 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 54.72% over the previous month and a drop of 17.24% over the 12-month average. China recorded 15 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 85.9% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $301.67m, against the overall value of $351.2m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boyu Capital Consultancy,GL Ventures,Goldman Sachs Group,Insight Capital,Koninklijke Philips and Linden Asset Management $100m venture financing deal with Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai)
2) The $99.15m venture financing of Berry Oncology by China Merchants Capital Management,E Fund Management,Fujian Venture Investment Management,Legend Capital,Qiming Venture Partners,Xiamen C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment and Zhongjin Qichen Industry Equity Investment Fund
3) F-Prime,GL Ventures,Hudson Bay Capital Management,Lilly Asia ventures and Matrix Partners China $61.87m venture financing deal with Scivita Medical Technology
4) The $23.15m venture financing of Amor (Suzhou) Medical Sci-Tech by Beijing Yi Ling Capital Management,CDH VGC,Huiding Capital Management,Junmao Capital,Su Gaoxin Venture Capital Group and Yantai Baofu Investment Center
5) Alpha Wave Incubation Fund,Blume Ventures,iSeed Ventures.,Nexus Venture Partners and Steadview Capital Management $17.5m venture financing deal with Ultrahuman Healthcare