Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $370.8m were announced in Europe in February 2022, led by $105m venture financing of MindMaze, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 16.1% over the previous month of $441.77m and a rise of 19.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $310.93m.
Europe held a 15.78% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.35bn in February 2022. With a 5.70% share and deals worth $134.03m, Switzerland was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 27 deals during February 2022, marking an increase of 3.85% over the previous month and a rise of 42.11% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded ten deals during the month.
Europe medical devices industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 63.02% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $233.69m, against the overall value of $370.8m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AlbaCore Capital,Concord Health Partners and Hambro Perks $105m venture financing deal with MindMaze
2) The $50m venture financing of Automata Technologies by ABB Technology Ventures,Hummingbird Ventures,In-Q-Tel,Isomer Capital,Latitude Venture Partners and Octopus Ventures
3) Bertelsmann Investments,Farallon Capital Management and Red River West $30m venture financing deal with Ada Health
4) The $25.69m venture financing of Perfuze by Earlybird Venture Capital GmbHKG,Enterprise Ireland,LSP Health Economics Fund 2,MedFocus,Seroba Life Sciences Management and SV Health Investors
5) Octopus Ventures and SBI Investment $23m venture financing deal with Biofidelity
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.