Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $375.6m were announced in China in June 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Axbio, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 75.7% over the previous month of $213.79m and a drop of 7.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $407.31m.
China held a 23.62% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.59bn in June 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, China recorded 31 deals during June 2022, marking an increase of 24.00% over the previous month and a rise of 14.81% over the 12-month average.
China medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 63.9% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $239.88m, against the overall value of $375.6m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AstraZeneca Zhongjin Medical Industry Fund,Cambridge Capital Group,SDIC China Merchants Investment Management,Wuyuan Capital and Yunfeng Fund L.P $100m venture financing deal with Axbio
2) The $50m venture financing of NuProbe Global by BioTrack Capital,CICC Fund Management,CR-CP Life Science Fund,Deguan Capital,Haoreng Capital,Pappas Capital,Sequoia Capital China,Shanghai Pan Lin Asset Management and Yonghua Capital
3) Brilliance Meijing,Fengshi Capital,Galaxy Yuanhui Investment,Gandao Investment Holding Group,Junci Investment,Qiaodao Investment Fund Management (Beijing),Shengxiang Biotechnology and Wuxi Guojing Investment Management $44.98m venture financing deal with Shanghai Singlera Genomics Technologies
4) The $29.93m venture financing of Guangzhou Jiajian Medical Testing by Besen Medical Fund,CICC Qide Fund,Jiuzhoutong Venture Capital and Yueke Finance
5) Founder Securities and Tao Capital Partners $14.98m venture financing deal with Danyang Huichuang Medical Equipment
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.