Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $453.4m were announced in Asia-Pacific in June 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Axbio, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 43.7% over the previous month of $315.58m and a drop of 12.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $518.72m.
Asia-Pacific held a 28.52% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.59bn in June 2022. With a 23.62% share and deals worth $375.63m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 39 deals during June 2022, marking an increase of 14.71% over the previous month and a rise of 5.41% over the 12-month average. China recorded 31 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 62.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $284.91m, against the overall value of $453.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AstraZeneca Zhongjin Medical Industry Fund,Cambridge Capital Group,SDIC China Merchants Investment Management,Wuyuan Capital and Yunfeng Fund L.P $100m venture financing deal with Axbio
2) The $60m venture financing of InSilico Medicine by B Capital Group,Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund,Bold Capital Partners,Pavilion Capital,Qiming Venture Partners and Warburg Pincus
3) BioTrack Capital,CICC Fund Management,CR-CP Life Science Fund,Deguan Capital,Haoreng Capital,Pappas Capital,Sequoia Capital China,Shanghai Pan Lin Asset Management and Yonghua Capital $50m venture financing deal with NuProbe Global
4) The $44.98m venture financing of Shanghai Singlera Genomics Technologies by Brilliance Meijing,Fengshi Capital,Galaxy Yuanhui Investment,Gandao Investment Holding Group,Junci Investment,Qiaodao Investment Fund Management (Beijing),Shengxiang Biotechnology and Wuxi Guojing Investment Management
5) Besen Medical Fund,CICC Qide Fund,Jiuzhoutong Venture Capital and Yueke Finance $29.93m venture financing deal with Guangzhou Jiajian Medical Testing