Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $534.9m were announced in North America in May 2022, led by $70m venture financing of Hello Heart, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 59.2% over the previous month of $1.31bn and a drop of 65.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.57bn.
North America held a 47.33% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.13bn in May 2022. With a 47.33% share and deals worth $534.86m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 51 deals during May 2022, marking a decrease of 30.14% over the previous month and a drop of 37.04% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 51 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.1% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $241m, against the overall value of $534.9m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BlueRun Ventures,Institutional Venture Partners,Maven Ventures,Resolute Ventures and Stripes Group $70m venture financing deal with Hello Heart
2) The $60m venture financing of Mirvie by BlackRock,Decheng Capital,Foresite Capital Management,General Catalyst Partners,GV Management Co,Khosla Ventures and Mayfield Fund
3) Acrew Capital,Bold Capital Partners,GGV Capital,Gilead Sciences,Industry Ventures,Positive Sum,World Innovation Lab and Xfund $40m venture financing deal with Curebase
4) The $40m venture financing of Osmind by Ariel Katz,Brent L. Saunders,DFJ Growth Management,Future Ventures,General Catalyst Partners,Helena Goodman,Lachy Groom,Pear VC,Susa Ventures and Tiger Global Management
5) Ajax Health,Artisanal Ventures,Benchmark Capital and Redpoint Ventures $31m venture financing deal with AcuityMD