Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $539.8m were announced in Asia-Pacific in June 2021, led by $156.27m venture financing of Shanghai Diying Biotechnoogy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 19.9% over the previous month of $674.04m and a rise of 38.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $390.34m.
Asia-Pacific held a 16.98% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.18bn in June 2021. With a 16.01% share and deals worth $509.03m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 20 deals during June 2021, marking a decrease of 33.33% over the previous month and a drop of 31.03% over the 12-month average. China recorded 14 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 81.3% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $438.64m, against the overall value of $539.8m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chaosheng Capital, Heyu Capital and Volcanic Stone Capital’s $156.27m venture financing of Shanghai Diying Biotechnoogy
2) The $94.06m venture financing of Jiangsu Simcere Medical Diagnostics by CITIC Medical Fund, CITIC Securities Investment, Gimpo National Research and Investment and yingke capital
3) Beijing Houxin Investment Management, Beijing Shiteng Hongcheng Investment Management, CITIC Medical & Health Group, CITIC Securities, Gimpo National Research and Investment, Jiangsu Jinmao Investment Management, Jiangsu Tianyou Investment Management, Nanjing Renpu Venture Capital Partnership (Limited Partnership), Nanjing Venture Capital, Shanghai Chuangrui Investment and yingke capital’s $93.8m venture financing of Jiangsu Simcere Medical Diagnostics
4) The $62.51m venture financing of SQi Carbon Technology by Baidu Venture Capital, Boyuan Capital, CDH VGC, Gaorong Capital, Ginkgo Valley Capital, Hillhouse Ventures, Huagai Capital, Sunshine Ronghui Capital and Yahui Investment
5) LYFE Capital’ venture financing of JOINTECH for $32m.