The $85m venture financing of OSLER Diagnostics was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $544.1m were announced globally in November 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 44.5% over the previous month of $980.93m and a drop of 70.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.83bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $231.31m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $231.01m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2022 was the US with 33 deals, followed by the China with 24 and the UK with five.
In 2022, as of November, medical devices venture financing deals worth $17.4bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 35.04% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 33.1% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $179.97m, against the overall value of $544.1m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BRAAVOS INVESTMENT ADVISERS, Lansdowne Partners, M&G Investments and Oxford Science Enterprises’s $85m venture financing deal with OSLER Diagnostics
2) The $41m venture financing of Elemental Machines by Digitalis Ventures, Gutbrain Ventures, Omega Venture Partners and Sageview Capital
3) Broadview Ventures, Epidarex Capital Partners, GRA Venture Fund and Vensana Capital’s $20m venture financing deal with Nyra Medical
4) The $17m venture financing of Medical Informatics by Catalio Capital Management, DCVC Management Co, Intel Capital, Ncourage Social Enterprise Foundation, Notley Ventures, Tampa General Hospital and TMC Investment
5) Carbon Ventures, Daiwa Corporate Investment, Fast Track Initiative, FFG Venture Business Partners, Higin Capital, JA Mitsui Leasing, Japan Growth Capital Investment, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Nissay Capital, Resona Capital and SBI Investment’s $16.97m venture financing deal with Sonire Therapeutics