Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $585.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Yikun Bio, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 18.4% over the previous month of $717.55m and a rise of 7.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $546.14m.
Asia-Pacific held a 25.14% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.33bn in January 2022. With a 24.61% share and deals worth $573.33m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 41 deals during January 2022, marking an increase of 7.89% over the previous month and a rise of 28.13% over the 12-month average. China recorded 32 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.5% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $436.36m, against the overall value of $585.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Eli Lilly Asia Fund (LAV),Morningside Ventures,PerkinElmer Ventures,Sequoia China Fund and Yuanhe Holdings $100m venture financing deal with Yikun Bio
2) The $100m venture financing of VIRTUE Diagnostics (Suzhou) by Lilly Asia ventures,Morningside Ventures,Oriza Holdings,PerkinElmer Ventures and Sequoia China Investment Management
3) China Life Science and Technology Innovation Fund,CPE Yuanfeng,Jianfa Xinxing,Jiangu Capital,Jingming Capital,Luxin Venture Capital and Qianhai Fund of Funds $78.79m venture financing deal with Shenzhen Silicon Biomimetic Technology
4) The $78.79m venture financing of Shenzhen Sibionics Technology by C&D International Investment Group,China Life Innovation Fund,CPE Funds Management,JD Investment (HK),Jingming Capital,Qianhai FOF and Return backer Lucion
5) CPE Yuanfeng,Guoshou science and Innovation Fund,Jingming Capital and Luxin Venture Capital Group $78.79m venture financing deal with Shenzhen SiliconBased Bionic Technology