Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $767.6m were announced in the US in June 2022, led by $60m venture financing of Aerin Medical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 32.5% over the previous month of $579.56m and a drop of 46.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.44bn.
The US held a 48.28% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.59bn in June 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 57 deals during June 2022, marking a decrease of 1.72% over the previous month and a drop of 27.85% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 34.7% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $266m, against the overall value of $767.6m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ally Bridge Group,KCK Group,Orbimed Advisors and Questa Capital Management $60m venture financing deal with Aerin Medical
2) The $60m venture financing of Mission Health Labs by Amplify Partners,B Capital Group and Felicis Ventures
3) Action Potential Venture Capital,Exceller Hunt,GPG Ventures,Osage University Partners,The Vertical Group and USVP ManagementLLC $53m venture financing deal with MicroTransponder
4) The $50m venture financing of Transition Bio by Bristol-Myers Squibb,LifeForce Capital Management,Magnetic Ventures,Northpond Ventures and Taiho Ventures
5) Arsenal Capital Partners,Blue Ox Healthcare Partners SP,Deerfield Management Co and Laboratoryof America Holdings $43m venture financing deal with Epic Sciences