Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $767.6m were announced in the US in June 2022, led by $60m venture financing of Aerin Medical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 32.5% over the previous month of $579.56m and a drop of 46.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.44bn.
The US held a 48.28% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.59bn in June 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 57 deals during June 2022, marking a decrease of 1.72% over the previous month and a drop of 27.85% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 34.7% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $266m, against the overall value of $767.6m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ally Bridge Group,KCK Group,Orbimed Advisors and Questa Capital Management $60m venture financing deal with Aerin Medical
2) The $60m venture financing of Mission Health Labs by Amplify Partners,B Capital Group and Felicis Ventures
3) Action Potential Venture Capital,Exceller Hunt,GPG Ventures,Osage University Partners,The Vertical Group and USVP ManagementLLC $53m venture financing deal with MicroTransponder
4) The $50m venture financing of Transition Bio by Bristol-Myers Squibb,LifeForce Capital Management,Magnetic Ventures,Northpond Ventures and Taiho Ventures
5) Arsenal Capital Partners,Blue Ox Healthcare Partners SP,Deerfield Management Co and Laboratoryof America Holdings $43m venture financing deal with Epic Sciences
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.