Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $825.82m were announced in North America in February 2021, led by $105m venture financing of Truvian Sciences, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 28.2% over the previous month of $1.15bn and a drop of 3.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $859.65m.
North America held a 67.69% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.22bn in February 2021. With a 66.54% share and deals worth $811.82m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 41 deals during February 2021, marking a decrease of 24.07% over the previous month and a drop of 28.07% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 40 deals during the month.
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.6% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $426m, against the overall value of $825.82m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DNS Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Glen Tullman, GreatPoint Ventures, TYH Ventures, Wasson Enterprise and Wittington Ventures’ $105m venture financing of Truvian Sciences
2) The $103m venture financing of Personal Genome Diagnostics by Catalio Capital Management, Cowen Healthcare Investments, Innovatus Capital Partners, Kern Capital Management, New Enterprise Associates, Northpond Ventures, PFM Health Sciences, Rock Springs Capital Management, Sands Capital Management, Vensana Capital and Windham Venture Partners
3) Altium Capital, Axiom Associates, Colle Capital Partners, GV Management Co, Huamin Investment Management and Nextrans’ $90m venture financing of Hyperfine Research
4) The $68m venture financing of SSyapse by Ally Bridge Group and Northpond Ventures
5) Catalio Capital Management, Dexcel Pharma, Duquesne Family Office, Schusterman Family Investments, TLV Partners and Viola Ventures’ venture financing of Immunai for $60m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.