Led by $150m venture financing of WuXi Diagnostic Investment (Cayman), total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $912.88m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 37.04% over the previous quarter and a drop of 19.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.14bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 19.85% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $4.6bn in Q1 2021. With a 19.35% share and deals worth $889.91m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 55 deals during Q1 2021, marking a decrease of 35.29% over the previous quarter and a drop of 35.10% over the last four-quarter average. China recorded 48 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 51.03% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $465.85m, against the overall value of $912.88m recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ABC International, CCBI Tech Venture, Shiyu Capital Group, Sunland Capital, Thermo Fisher Scientific and YF Capital’s $150m venture financing of WuXi Diagnostic Investment (Cayman)
2) The $100m venture financing of NewMed Medical by Boyuan Capital, Dachen Caizhi, Junzi Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Temasek Holdings (Private), Yunfeng Capital and Zhang Kelingyi
3) Alwin Capital, BioTrack Capital, Kangji Medical Holdings, LYFE Capital, Poly (Hengqin) Capital Management, Sanzheng Health Investment, Shanghai Guohe Modern Service Industry Equity Investment Management and Vertex Ventures China’s $92.6m venture financing of Shenzhen Jingfeng Medical Technology
4) The $76.9m venture financing of Shanghai Hanyu Medical Technology by E Fund Management, HighLight Capital (China), Jiangsu Ruihua Investment Holding, Linden Asset Group, Octagon Capital Group and YF Capital
5) Citic Private Equity Funds Management, Huagai Capital and Sherpa Investment’s venture financing of Zhejiang Baichen Medical Technology for $46.35m.