Led by $250m private equity deal with Certara USA, North America’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 17.95% in artificial intelligence deal activity during Q3 2021, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 artificial intelligence deals worth $896.2m were announced for the region during Q3 2021, against the last four-quarter average of 29.25 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in Q3 2021 with 19 deals, representing a 79.2% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with four deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 16.7% and 4.2% share of the overall artificial intelligence deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of artificial intelligence deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s medical devices industry with $546.15m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $250m and $100m, respectively.
North America medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices artificial intelligence deals accounted for a 67.9% share of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five artificial intelligence deals stood at $608m, against the overall value of $896.2m recorded for the quarter.
1) Mubadala Investment $250m private equity deal with Certara USA
2) The $201m venture financing of InterVenn BioSciences by Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures
3) Hibercell $100m acquisition deal with Genuity Science
4) The $30m venture financing of Iterative Scopes by Breyer Capital,Eli Lilly and,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,Obvious Ventures and Seae Ventures
5) Crosslink Capital,E14 Fund,General Catalyst Partners and Insight Partners $27m venture financing deal with Overjet