North America’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 25% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Evolent Health’s $462m acquisition of Implantable Provider Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 84 medical devices industry deals worth $1.6bn were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 112 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2022 with 58 transactions, representing a 69.05% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 19 deals, followed by private equity deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 22.6% and 8.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s medical devices industry with $771.1m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $735.1m and $129.1m, respectively.
North America medical devices industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 52.6% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $859.8m, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Evolent Health $462m acquisition deal with Implantable Provider Group
2) The $177.8m acquisition of Guardant Health AMEA by Guardant Health
3) Patient Square Capital $100m private equity deal with Eargo
4) The $60m venture financing of Aerin Medical by Ally Bridge Group,KCK Group,Orbimed Advisors and Questa Capital Management
5) Amplify Partners,B Capital Group and Felicis Ventures $60m venture financing deal with Mission Health Labs