North America’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 32.14% in deal activity during May 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by ConMed’s $255m acquisition of In2Bones Global, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 76 medical devices industry deals worth $866.4m were announced for the region in May 2022, against the 12-month average of 112 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in May 2022 with 51 transactions, representing a 67.1% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 19 deals, followed by private equity deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 25% and 7.9% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s medical devices industry with $534.86m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $271.5m and $60m, respectively.
North America medical devices industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 56% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $485m, against the overall value of $866.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ConMed $255m acquisition deal with In2Bones Global
2) The $70m venture financing of Hello Heart by BlueRun Ventures,Institutional Venture Partners,Maven Ventures,Resolute Ventures and Stripes Group
3) Dubilier & Rice and Clayton $60m private equity deal with Cynosure
4) The $60m venture financing of Mirvie by BlackRock,Decheng Capital,Foresite Capital Management,General Catalyst Partners,GV Management Co,Khosla Ventures and Mayfield Fund
5) Acrew Capital,Bold Capital Partners,GGV Capital,Gilead Sciences,Industry Ventures,Positive Sum,World Innovation Lab and Xfund $40m venture financing deal with Curebase