US medical devices industry saw a drop of 2.88% in overall deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Anthem, Blue Venture Fund, Deerfield ManagementLP, Fidelity Management & Research, Flare Capital Partners, General Insuranceof India, Inova Health System, Longitude Capital Management Co, Optum Ventures, RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP’s $325m venture financing of Somatus, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 101 deals worth $2.2bn were announced in February 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 104 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 73 deals, which accounted for 72.3% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with 19 deals, followed by private equity with nine transactions, respectively accounting for 18.8% and 8.9% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in the US medical devices industry with total deals worth $1.52bn, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $399.25m and $261.57m respectively.
US medical devices industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 50.3% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $1.1bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $241m private equity of IntriCon by Altaris Capital Partners
3) Dreamtech $227.57m acquisition deal with Cardiac Insight
4) The $192m venture financing of Omada Health by aMoon Funds,Civilization Ventures,Fidelity Management & Research,Perceptive Advisors and Wellington ManagementLLP
5) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.