US medical devices industry saw a drop of 33.33% in overall deal activity during October 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Alkeon Capital, Coatue Management, Tiger Global and Whale Rock Capital Management’s $600m venture financing of Hinge Health, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 62 deals worth $2.9bn were announced in October 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 93 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 44 deals, which accounted for 71% of all deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 15 deals, followed by private equity with three transactions, respectively accounting for 24.2% and 4.8% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in the US medical devices industry with total deals worth $1.89bn, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $972.35m and $20m respectively.
US medical devices industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 60.3% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $1.74bn, against the overall value of $2.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital,Coatue Management,Tiger Global and Whale Rock Capital Management $600m venture financing deal with Hinge Health
2) The $400m acquisition of Volumetric by 3D Systems
3) Blackstone,GSR Ventures,Sapphire Ventures,Tiger Global Management and Western Technology Investment $304m venture financing deal with Medable
4) The $220m acquisition of Oscor by Integer
5) 8VC,Alexandria Venture Investments,Icon Ventures,Koch Disruptive Technologies and Talos VC $215m venture financing deal with Immunai