Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2020 worth $419.95m were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.5% over the previous month and a drop of 45.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $773.74m.
The US held a 35.2% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.19bn in September 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 35 deals during September 2020, marking a decrease of 43.6% over the previous month and a drop of 39.7% over the 12-month average.
The US medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 58.3% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $245m, against the overall value of $419.95m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Fidelity Management & Research’s $80m venture financing of Shine Medical Technologies
2) The $55m venture financing of PrognomIQ by aMoon Funds, Bruker, Emerson Collective, Fidelity Management & Research, Maverick Ventures, Invus Group, T Rowe Price Associates and Wing Venture Capital
3) LSV Capital Management, Meritech Capital Partners, New Enterprise Associates and Perceptive Advisors’ $55m venture financing of ExploraMed NC7
4) The $30m venture financing of Medigate by Blumberg Capital, Maor Investments, Partech Ventures, U.S. Venture Partners (USVP) and YL Ventures GP
5) Lennertz & Co.’s venture financing of iSchemaView for $25m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.