Outset Medical has raised $132m through a series D equity financing round from a new investor, Mubadala Investment Company.

The funding round also included the participation of existing investors Baxter Ventures, Fidelity Management and Research Company, Partner Fund Management LP, Perceptive Advisors, and Warburg Pincus.

The company plans to use the funds to increase its production capabilities and towards the commercial expansion of its Tablo® haemodialysis system in the US.

Tablo® is a dialysis machine designed to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis.

Based in the US, Outset Medical is engaged in the development of haemodialysis system for kidney diseases.

Hogy Medical Company Limited and Mitsubishi Corporation have announced a joint venture (JV) in Singapore, which will be named Hogy Medical Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (HMAP).

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The newly formed company in Singapore will be engaged in the distribution and marketing of medical products under the brand Holy Medical, across all Asian markets.

Based in Japan, Hogy Medical is a medical device company specialising in the development of products for surgical applications, while Mitsubishi, also based in Japan, is a general trading company.

The joint venture marks the first initiative under the comprehensive business alliance entered by the two companies in March 2018.

“The transaction will enable Wright Medical to bolster growth opportunities for its Extremities unit with the addition of Cartiva’s technology.”

Wright Medical Group has entered an agreement to purchase all the outstanding shares of Cartiva for $435m in cash.

Based in the Netherlands, Wright Medical is a medical device company and orthopaedic solutions provider, while Cartiva is an orthopaedic devices manufacturer based in the US.

The transaction will enable Wright Medical to bolster growth opportunities for its Extremities unit with the addition of Cartiva’s technology, as well as expand its Biologics businesses.

The deal is expected to be closed in the last quarter of this year, subject to customary closing conditions.

Bruker has entered a definitive agreement to purchase a majority interest in Hain Lifescience for an undisclosed sum.

Bruker will purchase an 80% interest in Hain with an option to purchase the remaining 20% after 2021, as per the terms of the acquisition.

Hain’s acquisition will be a complementary addition to Bruker’s Microbiology and Diagnostics business.

Based in the US, Bruker manufactures scientific instruments, while Hain Lifescience is a diagnostics company based in Germany.

The transaction will enable the acquirer company to strengthen its molecular diagnostics and infectious diseases market portfolio.