View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 7, 2020

INVL completes stake acquisition in MBL Group

INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund, a private equity investment fund in the Baltic region, has completed the acquisition of a stake in Europe-based medical mobility devices manufacturer MBL Group.

INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund, a private equity investment fund in the Baltic region, has completed the acquisition of a stake in Europe-based medical mobility devices manufacturer MBL Group.

Free Report
img

What’s missing from your IPO industry assessment?

IPO activity all but stopped in 2020, as the investment community grew wary of the effects of COVID-19 on economies. No matter how deserving a business was of flotation, momentum was halted by concerns of when a ‘new normal’ of working patterns and trade would set in. Recently, sentiment has changed. Flotations picked up again during the second half of 2021, and now in 2022 the mood is decidedly optimistic. Business leaders have their eyes on fast rebounding economies, buoyant market indices and the opportunity once again to take their businesses public. As a result, global IPOs are expected to hit back this year. With GlobalData’s new whitepaper, ‘IPOs in Consumer and Retail: 5 must-include elements for your prospectus industry report’, you can explore exactly what is needed in the essential literature. GlobalData’s focus lies in the critical areas to get right:
  • Macroeconomic and demographic environment
  • Consumer context
  • Industry environment
  • Competitive environment
  • Route to market
Interested to learn more about what to include in your IPO Industry Assessment report? Download our free whitepaper.
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

The fund indirectly purchased 48% interest in MBL, while the remaining 52% will continue to be maintained by the Lauritsen family.

Prior to the acquisition, Lauritsen family, who established MBL in 1988, held 70% ownership, while Accession Mezzanine Capital III, a fund advised by Mezzanine Management, held the remaining 30% stake in the company.

MBL CEO Mogens Bichel Lauritsen said: “In connection with a generational change in the MBL Group, we have, for a long time, been searching for a new partner for MBL. After numerous meetings with the INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund team, we are convinced that we have selected exactly the right partner who can contribute to ensuring MBL’s continued, global growth. I will, at the same time, pass the role as CEO on to Martin BichelLauritsen, who is the next generation of the MBL family.”

Headquartered in Denmark, MBL produces wheelchairs, rollators, aged care beds and other rehabilitation equipment. It has manufacturing facilities in Poland and China.

The stake in MBL was acquired by INVL through its fully owned portfolio company. The acquisition of MBL is the first deal for the INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund to be completed outside the Baltic States.

INVL partner Nerijus Drobavicius said: “We are delighted to be partnering with the Lauritsen family who has built MBL into a true world leader of medical mobility devices with a proven track record for R&D and innovation. We are confident that MBL will continue to cement this position by expanding its product range, which significantly benefits the quality of life for those who depend on MBL’s products.”

INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund executive partner Deimante Korsakaite said: “We are thrilled to have a fourth company joining our strong portfolio, expanding its geographical reach from the Baltics to the wider Baltic Sea region and Denmark in this case.

“This acquisition brings the capital deployment of our €165m fund to more than 35% in just 18 months of activity. Healthcare investments offer resilience at any stage of the economic cycle and provide a long-term growth opportunity with ageing populations in much of the developed world while also contributing critically to patient wellbeing.”

Related Companies

Free Report
img

What’s missing from your IPO industry assessment?

IPO activity all but stopped in 2020, as the investment community grew wary of the effects of COVID-19 on economies. No matter how deserving a business was of flotation, momentum was halted by concerns of when a ‘new normal’ of working patterns and trade would set in. Recently, sentiment has changed. Flotations picked up again during the second half of 2021, and now in 2022 the mood is decidedly optimistic. Business leaders have their eyes on fast rebounding economies, buoyant market indices and the opportunity once again to take their businesses public. As a result, global IPOs are expected to hit back this year. With GlobalData’s new whitepaper, ‘IPOs in Consumer and Retail: 5 must-include elements for your prospectus industry report’, you can explore exactly what is needed in the essential literature. GlobalData’s focus lies in the critical areas to get right:
  • Macroeconomic and demographic environment
  • Consumer context
  • Industry environment
  • Competitive environment
  • Route to market
Interested to learn more about what to include in your IPO Industry Assessment report? Download our free whitepaper.
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The medical device industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Medical Device Network