Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 28, 2017updated 14 Nov 2021 1:18pm

M&As this week: Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer, Bruker Corporation, Konica Minolta

Chinese company Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer (Shandong Weigao) plans to acquire US-based firm Argon Medical Devices for $850m.

Chinese company Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer (Shandong Weigao) plans to acquire US-based firm Argon Medical Devices for $850m.

Shandong Weigao will make the acquisition through a joint venture (JV) formed by its wholly owned subsidiary Weigao International and an undisclosed firm based in the Cayman Islands. Weigao International will hold a 90% share in the JV, while the unnamed firm will hold the remaining 10%.

The acquisition is part of Shandong Weigao’s overseas expansion strategy.

US-based scientific instruments developer Bruker Corporation has acquired German microbiological diagnostics company MERLIN Diagnostika GmbH (MERLIN).

The acquisition will enable Bruker to expand its product portfolio.

Japanese technology company Konica Minolta Inc plans to acquire US-based imaging services provider inviCRO LLC.

Content from our partners
The added value of Qarad’s multilingual freephone service to their eIFU solution
Small and simple: how medical device manufacturers select materials
Precision wire: The future of bespoke medical treatment
“The purchase will allow the company to expand its business in the international market.”

The addition will enable Konica Minolta to expand it precision medicine business.

Private equity firm Avista Capital Partners plans to acquire clinical pathology services provider Miraca Life Sciences Inc from clinical diagnostics and laboratory testing service provider Miraca Holdings Inc.

The acquisition will support the expansion of Miraca Life Sciences’ business.

Japanese electronic components manufacturer Murata Manufacturing Co Ltd (Murata) plans to acquire US-based healthcare products developer Vios Medical Inc for JPY11.4bn ($101.35m).

The purchase will allow the company to expand its business in the international market.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The medical device industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU