Several years ago, Temptime asked an independent testing lab to source the five most commonly...
EDGE S-400 is a wireless, portable sensor for monitoring and controlling cold chain performance.
Key features of the EDGE S-400 are:
- Bluetooth® enabled temperature sensor
- Check temperature readings wirelessly from smartphone or tablet
- Single or multi-use with three month battery life
- Internal sensor and memory for 4,000 datapoints
- Wireless access through packing materials, containers, cold equipment, and cold rooms
- Cloud sharing and storage
- Robust IP65 protection against dust and projected liquids
EDGE S-400 is an easy-to-use, practical, and cost-effec¬tive solution for wireless temperature tracking. Small enough to fit into almost any size and type of container, cooler, or enclosure, it can be used to monitor cold-chain performance for temperature-sensitive products without compromising the shipment packaging integrity. In addition, an adhesive backing makes placement simple and reliable.
Embedded sensors and Bluetooth® wireless connectivity provide temperature datalogging continuously through the product’s journey. Using the free EDGEVue® app, temperature readings and geolocation data can be easily accessed and shared on demand with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
EDGEVue provides easy user access to establish cus¬tomised parameters for each use of the EDGE S-400, including alarms, datalogging intervals, startup options, and time and temperature units. Data can be transmitted to Google Drive, Dropbox, or the EDGEVue Cloud, providing global data access.
- Device: Single or multi-use, portable
- Temperature range: -5°C to 40°C (-23°F to 104°F)
- Accuracy: +/- 0.3°C
- Resolution: 0.01°C
- Temperature display: Celsius or fahrenheit are selectable
- Size: 81mm length by 43.4mm width by 8.2mm depth (3.2in x 1.4in x 0.3in)
- Thickness: 0.3in (8.2mm)
- Weight: 0.9oz (25.2g)
- Case: ABS, IP65 protection, adhesive backing
- Serial Number: Unique for each module
- LED indicator: Alarm status and communication
- Alarm limits: Programmable high and low, with delay
- Startup options: Immediate or delayed, with programmable threshold
- Datalogging intervals: Programmable at 15 seconds to 1 minute (at 1 second intervals) or 1 minute to 255 minutes (at 1 minute intervals)
- Datalogging stop: Programmable to continue until memory full or to overwrite oldest values
- Date / time stamps: Programmable to local time or GMT
- Memory internal: Up to 4,000 datapoints
- Reports: Comma-separated values (CSV) and JPG file formats
EDGEVue and Wireless Specifications
- Bluetooth® Smart enabled
- Wireless range: Line-of-sight, up to 50m (164ft)
- Device compatibility: Programme and read with iPhone 4S or higher, iPad 3 or higher, and Android 4.4 and higher
- Detection: Wireless access through isothermal packaging, refrigerated vehicle siding, freezers, refrigerators, and cold rooms (may depend on wall thickness and environmental conditions)
With the increase in temperature-sensitive medications due to the rise in complex biologics, as well...
This whitepaper is a case study showing how a medical device manufacturer started with EDGE...
Although a temperature-controlled supply chain is essential for the transportation of an increasing number of...