Force Measurement Sensors and Systems
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Tekscan is one of the world's leading manufacturers of tactile pressure and force measurement sensors and systems.
Force sensors for medical devices
The company's customisable, minimally invasive sensing solutions enable the integration of technology into a client's design to create innovative products.
Tekscan specialises in sensor technology, investment in research and application engineering.
FlexiForce force sensors are ideal for medical devices because of the thin, flexible and lightweight design.
The sensor provides quantitative data, which enhances the capabilities of medical tools. Data provided by the device allows surgeons and doctors to improve patient outcomes and increase consistency.
Standard sensors for detection and measurement of relative changes in force
FlexiForce standard sensors are available in off-the-shelf sizes and various force ranges.
Standard sensors can be trimmed and integrated into product designs, as well as custom force sensors.
The sensors can detect and measure:
- Relative change in force or an applied load
- Rate of change in force
- Force thresholds and trigger appropriate action
- Contact and/or touch
Force sensor technology
FlexiForce load sensors provide economical solutions and OEM tools for load / force sensing needs.
FlexiForce has a range of features, including:
- Superior linearity and accuracy (±3%)
- Expert technical guidance in custom solutions
- A wider range of forces
- Non area-dependent sensor output
- High-temperature force measurements (up to 400°F) available with high-temp model (HT201)
- Custom sensors that are 100% tested to ensure they meet specifications
- Customisation with quantities as low as 1,000 sensors, which can be increased to millions of sensors
Available White Papers
Force Sensors For Design In recent years, factors such as consumer demand and a tough economy have pushed OEMs to produce sleeker, smaller, and less costly products than in the past.
Improving Medical Devices With Force Sensing Technology Design engineers integrate force sensors into medical devices to create smart tools that produce quantifiable data.