This white paper showcases Traco Power's power solutions for medical equipment. For the non-applied parts...
TRACO’s new 450W medical power supplies deliver high-power density for convection / conduction cooled medical power supplies in a 3in × 5in package.
The TPP 450 Series of 450W AC/DC power supplies feature a reinforced double input/output (I/O) isolation system according to latest medical safety standards. The earth leakage current is below 100μA, making the units suitable for body floating (BF) applications. The efficiency of up to 94% allows a high power density for the standard 3in×5in×1.58in packaging format.
The forced air cooling full load operating temperature range is -40°C to 50°C while it goes up to 85°C with 50% load derating. Natural convection cooled power is 320W up to 50°C and 150W at 85°C. Medical devices can be powered in a quiet and hygienic way without the need to run a fan to cool down the power supply.
The series comes with an active power factor correction and the EMC characteristic is dedicated for applications in industrial and domestic fields. High reliability is provided by use of industrial quality grade components and an excellent thermal management. It makes the products an ideal solution for medical devices and for demanding safety and space critical applications.
TRACO’s new 450W medical power supplies include:
- Extended operating temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- Certified to IEC/EN/ES 60601-1 3rd edition for 2×MOPP and IEC/EN/UL 62368-1
- Risk management process according to ISO 14971, including risk management file
- EMC compliance to IEC/EN/ES 60601-2 4th edition
- Acceptance criteria for electronic assemblies according to IPC-A-610 Level 3
- Highest efficiency up to 94% (typical)
- Isolation (4,000VAC) and leakage current (<100µA) rated for BF applications
- Standard features: 5VDC standby output, 12VDC aux output, remote on / off, power good signal
- Operating up to 5,000m altitude
- Five-year product warranty
TPP450 (enclosed package) features:
- Thermally efficient design allows fanless operation up to 320W at full load
- Variable fan speed controller allows quiet operation
TPP450A (open-frame package) features:
- Thermally efficient design allows convection cooled operation up to 320W at full load
- An integrated variable fan speed controller allows for an easy use of an external fan
Traco Electronic has released its new TIM 2 and TIM 3.5 Series, comprising 2W and 3.5W DC/DC...
The TMF series alternating/direct current (AC/DC) power supply modules are designed and manufactured based on...
Traco Electronic has introduced an extension of the TPP 40 and TPP 65 series, which...