By now, faithful reader, you know that we are always expanding our capacity and increasing our ability to meet your needs.
The latest addition from Protomatic is an Okuma LB3000EX lathe. It gives us unprecedented capabilities in our lathe department and is loaded with enough options to please the most demanding machinist:
- LNS quick feed bar system
- Thermal deformation and acoustical compensators
- Light-touch chucking, air blow chuck / collet
- 12 station live tooling
- Off center turning with helical cutting
- Tool offset probe
- Flood and programmable high-pressure coolant
- 0.1 micron control
- Anti-collision software
- Big bore spindle with high-horsepower motor
- Auto doors
This new lathe is a departure from typical machine tool selections. It goes well beyond the part-size limitations of inexpensive lathes, while still providing economical production runs and the machine accuracy and repeatability you have come to expect from Protomatic.