Lee Spring introduces LeeP™ plastic composite springs, a revolutionary breakthrough in spring technology.
LeeP is Lee Spring’s answer to increased customer requests for springs that combine the strength of metal with the special attributes of high performing engineered thermoplastics. After years of extensive engineering design and materials research by their expert technical team, Lee Spring developed these unique compression springs.
LeeP springs are fabricated in distinctive formulations of Ultem PEI resins. “We specifically selected Ultem resin as the material of choice for LeeP,” says Lee Spring president Al Mangels. “It meets or exceeds the criteria we set forth for developing this line. You might call Ultem resin the ‘spring steel’ of plastics.” Ultem resin is produced by SABIC Innovative Plastics, a leader in engineered thermoplastic material solutions.
LeeP plastic composite springs are stocked in a range of standard sizes, each available in a variety of strengths formulated from different Ultem resins. The six increasing strengths are easily identifiable by distinct colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet, with violet being the strongest. In addition to their initial LeeP stock compression spring offering, Lee Spring has developed the advanced technology to provide custom LeeP springs to meet customers’ most exacting requirements.
Advantages of LeeP plastic composite springs
LeeP springs offer many advantages, including:
- Unique patent-pending designs to maximize spring rates and cycle life, while minimizing solid height
- High strength to weight ratios that optimize performance while reducing mass
- Excellent stability of physical and mechanical properties at elevated temperatures up to 340°F
- High corrosion resistance and compatibility with many chemicals including strong acids, weak bases, aromatics, and ketones
- Non-magnetic material to avoid interference with imaging and other ferro-sensitive technologies
- Dielectric insulating material suitable for non-conductive applications
- Inert non-contaminating plastic composite to protect product purity
- Low flammability and toxicity ensuring environmental safety
- Recyclable and compliant with most global regulations including RoHS and REACH
LeeP springs are designed to meet a wide range of spring applications where non-corroding, non-metallic, inert materials are preferred, including:
- Medical products and processing equipment
- Pharmaceutical delivery devices
- Imaging and X-ray equipment
- Food processing and packaging equipment
- Aerospace products
- Marine products
- Electronics and electrical equipment
- Water purification systems
- Chemical environments
- Automotive interiors
- Pollution control systems
- Communication devices
- Cosmetics packaging equipment
Lee’s online catalogue features user-friendly product search engines as well as ecommerce options. To order a complimentary 2010 print catalogue, contact Lee Spring.
Lee Spring is an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of stock and custom mechanical wire springs, servicing diverse manufacturing markets in the US and throughout the world from eight locations in the US, Mexico, the UK and China.