China’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 3.23% in overall deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Eastern Bell Capital, Haier Capital, Sinovation Ventures and Xingtuo Capital’s $29.8m venture financing of Beijing Yading Information Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 deals worth $173.7m were announced in July 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 31 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 31 deals, which accounted for 96.9% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with one deals accounting for 3.1% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s medical devices industry with total deals worth $173.65m.
China medical devices industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 51.4% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $89.31m, against the overall value of $173.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Eastern Bell Capital, Haier Capital, Sinovation Ventures and Xingtuo Capital $29.8m venture financing deal with Beijing Yading Information Technology
2) The $14.93m venture financing of Nanjing Puguang Biotechnology by Huatai Zijin Investment, Jointown Pharmaceutical Group, Nanjing New Industry Investment Group and Wenzhou Investment
3) Puhua Capital and Qishen Venture Capital $14.93m venture financing deal with Shanghai Keku Medical Technology
4) The $14.82m venture financing of Beijing Zhizhen Biotechnology by Dachen Caizhi, Daoyuan Capital Management (Beijing), Guangzhou Anbiping Pharmaceutical Technology, Huihe Capital, Kaipu Biotechnology and Qiming Venture Partners
5) Ningbo Hangzhou Bay New Area Emerging Industry Venture Capital and Ningbo Jierui $14.82m venture financing deal with Ningbo Huakerun Biological Technology